2022- Welcome to MYSL
Welcome to Willow River Ski Sparks! We are excited to start skiing with you. Below is further information to help make this a successful season.
- Park near the nature center.
- Proceed to the welcome table outside the nature center. There you can check in the club leaders (Gustav, Becky & Marcie) to receive your skiers bib, level color and coach's name.
- Put on your skis and head to the practice field adjacent to the nature center for games.
- The first week can be busy, so please plan to arrive early. Remember, once you arrive at the park entrance it takes additional time to reach the nature center.
- Following games on the field, the various levels will head out to start skiing!
- Parents are required to ski with Level 1 skiers and are encouraged to ski with all other levels as well. It's fun to ski with your kids!
- If you have more than one skier, plan to ski with the skier that needs the most assistance.
- Ski Levels will return to the nature center so if you have multiple skiers, you can find them there. Typically the groups will ski until 4:00, but with the colder temps, we are likely to finish early.
- After we have skied, everyone is welcome to return to the nature center for hot chocolate and snacks!
- Please leave your ski bib on the table outside the nature center.
- Ski Dates - The ski club will meet on Sundays from 1:45 - 4:00 beginning January 9.
- Ski Club Location - We will meet by the Willow River State Park nature center and will have use of the center for the restrooms and snacks.
- Snacks, Social Time & the Warming House - After skiing it's fun to meet near the nature center for snacks and some socializing! We hope to offer hot chocolate so please bring your own cup. The warming house, also known as the nature center, will also be available for our use. It is important to have a parent in the warming house during ski club. Please click HERE to sign up to bring snacks & volunteer for the warming house.
- Park Pass Reminder - All cars entering the park will need a 2022 WI State Park pass which can slow things down on the first day, so please consider stopping by the park before January 9 to get your park pass or arrive early.
- Be Prepared - Ski Club will meet weekly whether or not we have snow and whether or not it is extra cold. If there is no snow, we will go hiking! If it is extra cold, dress well and we will ski for a shorter time. Movement generates heat to keep us going so dressing in layers on all days is a good idea.
- Weekly Schedule - Continue to watch for weekly emails with weekly updates including fun theme days!
- Level 1 Parents - Level 1 skiers are required to have a caregiver with them. If you have a Level 1 skier, please register as a coach, assistant coach or sweeper for Level 1. The signup takes just a few minutes. Click HERE to get started if you haven't done so already.
- Assistant Coaches & Sweepers - We always appreciate a few more assistant coaches and sweepers. Are you able to help? Click HERE to volunteer - thanks!
- Coaches & Volunteers - Watch for an email with an online meeting link for early next week.
- Are you eager to get skiing? - For current trail conditions at Willow River State Park and other areas, click HERE and search for Willow River.
- K-Counter - Has your skier skiing already? Click HERE to start - it's such a fun way to see your skiers progress throughout the season!