Highland 9 | See You Sunday!
In This Email
+ This Week's Forecast
+ First Day Reminders
We went back and forth on how to handle the really chilly weather this weekend, but ultimately decided to keep our 1 p.m. session this Sunday, January 9th, but shorten it to 30 minutes. This will give us enough time to meet one another and get comfy with our skis without having to miss another week or rearrange too many schedules.
That being said, keep an eye on your inboxes this weekend -- if the temp drops below zero, we may have to postpone. That's just too cold for the little ones, even with good gear.
Thank you to everyone for your patience with all the changes!
1797 Edgcumbe Rd
St Paul, MN 55116
Skiers will not report to a central location for check-in. Instead, please consult this map for your Level's meeting place. Have a question about your skier's level or where to meet? Email Coach Kate.
This Week's Forecast
The temperature is really cold again, so we recommend lots of layers, and will probably have Warm Skin on our faces, and hand and foot warmers. We can't require masks, but a substantial face covering would also go a long way toward fighting the cold and protecting yourself and others from the spread of COVID-19.
First Day Helpful Hints
- Before the first day, make sure you know where all your gear is -- and that you and your skier have multiple layers to wear. That should include non-cotton socks and roomy gloves. (We always recommend you dress as though you're going sledding.)
- Practice putting on boots and skis at least once before the first day -- doing this on snow is part of our curriculum, but some familiarity will go a long way. (Here's a how-to video.) Also: Double-check that boots, bindings and the bottom of your skis are in good condition.
- We won't have full-club snacks or drinks at the end of the session as we did before the pandemic, but we have been told individual Levels are allowed organize this if they'd like to.
- Bring water bottles -- even the smallest skiers on the coldest days can get pretty hot out on the snow and we do not have a warming house or drinking fountain as backups.
- You can preview sessions on MYSL’s YouTube channel! Youth coaches have recorded weekly skill building videos for each Level — we highly recommend checking them out if you're curious what kind of skills we'll be working on.
Have a great weekend and we'll see you all soon (fingers crossed)!
Kate & Fred Smith