2/14/21 SESSION CANCELED
We will cut to the chase: practice is canceled for this Sunday, February 14th.
The forecast indeed looks very problematic on Sunday with actual temperatures of -6 and lows of -20, not including windchill. That is a dangerous level of cold that no one should spend extended time in, the least of which are small children.
If the weather does improve, we would still recommend getting out if you can on your own! We've had a few small coats of fresh powder and the tracks on the 9 hole course are still being groomed, so it's good skiing if you can stand the cold (perhaps for older skiers who want to be out).
We will plan on our kickoff next Sunday, February 21st. Temperatures steadily improve throughout the coming week and settle into the high 20's/low 30's for next weekend.
It will be a short season, but we'll make the most of it. Thank you everyone for your patience - we desperately wish we could all be together on the snow, but it's more important to be safe.
Until next week, wear layers, drink hot cocoa and be well. We'll see everyone soon.
Fred and Kate