You are here
Health and Safety Pledge
The Health and Safety Pledge will be in our registration process and must be signed electronically, along with our waiver.
- All MYSL participants and volunteers will closely monitor their health and all family members' health. If the MYSL participant or someone living in the same house as the participant is sick or showing symptoms of COVID-19 that you cannot attribute to another health condition you must stay home and cannot participate in in-person clubs.
- Symptoms are: cough, shortness of breath, fever, chills, fatigue, muscles or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, gastrointestinal symptoms (nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea).
- If the participant or volunteer has been exposed to COVID-19, call your health care provider and follow their guidance before attending in-person club.
- If the skier, volunteer or someone living in the same household tests positive for COVID-19, they will contact the club leader and SkiSparks Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org) within 24 hours of receiving a positive test. MYSL will contact the corresponding state health department of the club location and follow their guidance for a return to in-person club and notification to club members.
- Volunteers, skiers and caregivers are required to wear face coverings during check-in and check-out. Volunteers and skiers are advised to wear face coverings for the duration of in-person club and required to wear a face covering if they cannot maintain 6’ of social distance. Ski buffs are considered a face covering.
- All participants and volunteers will aim to maintain a 6’ distance throughout SkiSparks club meetings.
- All participants and volunteers will submit to a health screening at each in-person club meeting.
- All level 1 participants must have a caregiver present and with them for the duration of club time. Level 1 skiers often need physical assistance and non-related family members are not permitted to physically touch a skier. The caregiver is required to sign-up as a level 1 coach, assistant coach or sweeper. Skiing by the caregiver is not required.