You are here
COVID-19 Update, May 22, 2020
With the ever-evolving situation around COVID-19, we feel we are unable to offer a safe and fun experience for youth and have decided to cancel our summer Skiwerx programming. We encourage families to use the summer to reconnect with unstructured play/free time and to be outdoors and active on their own throughout the summer months. This is also a great opportunity to work on new skills, such as skate-boarding, tree-climbing, hand-stands, etc.
We remain committed to offering fall and winter programming. We believe getting youth and their families outside, active and having fun on skis next winter will be more important than ever! We are planning for many different scenarios and are confident we will be well prepared.
We will continue to monitor the evolving guidelines from the following sources and share updates, contingency plans and decisions as we get closer to our fall and winter season.
All MyXC Clubs:
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/schools-childcare/youth-sports.html
- United States Olympic & Paralympic Committee: https://www.teamusa.org/coronavirus
- Minnesota Department of Health: https://www.health.state.mn.us/diseases/coronavirus/schools/youthsports.pdf
- Minnesota's Stay Safe Plan: https://mn.gov/covid19/for-minnesotans/stay-safe-mn/stay-safe-plan.jsp
- Minnesota COVID-19 Response: https://mn.gov/covid19/
- Wisconsin Department of Health: https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/covid-19/index.htm
- Wisconsin COVID-19 Response: https://govstatus.egov.com/wi-covid-19
- Michigan COVID-19 Response: https://www.michigan.gov/coronavirus
The health and safety of the children in our programs, their families and our volunteers is our number one priority. A goal of our organization is public health through development of a life-long love of outdoor activity.
Cross country skiing is an endurance sport that challenges us to climb steep hills and adapt to changing conditions with grit and determination. These skills will guide us as we pause, learn, and design our new course.