You are here
SkiSparks Club Services
- Recreational, 8 week program for ages 3-14.
- Pricing per skier in an independent MyXC Youth Club is $30-$45 depending on facility fees in your area (part of fee is your club budget).
- Pricing per skier for youth programming in a CXC (Central Cross Country) member club in Wisconsin or Michigan begins at $20.
- Clubs typically meet for 1.5 - 2 hours, once per week for eight weeks
- Curriculum (daily lesson plans for six skill levels, eight weeks)
SEE SAMPLE DAY FOR LEVEL 2 (6-8 YEAR OLDS)
- Level Award pins
- Discretionary Funds for club expenses (dedicated fund for your club)
- Famous MyXC fleece hat for first year skiers
- MyXC designed bibs with name tag pocket
- MyXC coach bibs, color-coded by skill level for group management
- Access to SkiSparks Club Equipment Program
- Non-profit status (often required for permits or local fundraising)
- Insurance (Liability, Secondary Medical, loss of club equipment)
- Administration and tax filing
- On-line registration with instant roster reporting and email list management
- Website (web page for your club, lots of great info)
- Online K Counter and incentive awards (K pins at the club level and overall awards)
- Jessie Diggins Blog
- Leader/Coach Trainings
- Access to MyXC programs and events
- Access to subsidized branded swag for coach/volunteer appreciation gifts
- Annual Skier Scoop Newsletter and regular SnowNotes email updates
- Lots of helpful advice, encouragment and answers to your questions
- And much more ...
A sample MyXC club kit (cat not included).
SkiSparks Club Equipment Program
To Be Eligible
- Ski rentals (of sufficient quality and affordability) not available at your location.
- A small rental fee should be charged to raise funds to expand the fleet of skis (generally $35/child).
- Club is responsible for maintenance, storage, distribution and waxing of the equipment.
- 10 sets of waxless classic skis
- Online collection of rental fees and sizing info per child
- Dedicated fund to expand club fleet in future years
- Great prices (wholesale or better) on equipment purchases for club fleet
- Access to Birkie Foundation MyXC Grants
- Temperature tested equipment labels
- Advice and research on the most appropriate youth equipment
The one thing MyXC can't provide is YOU!
SkiSparks Club Leader
We are looking for an enthusiastic adult who has a passion for getting kids and their families outside in the winter to learn the sport of cross country skiing. SkiSparks is an eight-week MyXC Club Program. The main responsibilities of a club leader:
- Be a welcoming presence to families in the club and be available each week to answer questions and support the club.
- Provide parent support and communication to help cross country skiing be a positive experience for families.
- Coordinate coaches and other volunteers throughout the season.
How MyXC will support you:
- Club leaders have access to our research-based 8 week curriculum with daily lessons for 6 different levels.
- We will provide skier and coach bibs, hats for first year participants, and administrative support.
- Skier incentives are provided to your club at no cost.
- We will send you subsidized coach thank you gifts at your request.
- MyXC will send helpful advice, encouragement, task reminders, and answers to your questions throughout the season.
Ready to get more kids outside, healthy and on skis? Contact Chrissy for more information about starting a club in your community.