You are here
- Creates a community that encourages kids and families who may be new to winter recreation to be outside, enjoy winter, and develop cross-country ski skills.
- Main coordinator for the club and the point of contact for MyXC Staff and families.
Goals and Responsibilities
- Promotes fun at their club!
- Provide parent support and communication to help cross country skiing be a positive experience for families.
- Set 8 club meeting dates and time.
- Work with the facility to obtain necessary permits.
- Make weather and snow related decisions for club meetings.
- Read leader updates sent from MyXC Staff and delegate tasks.
- Send weekly club announcements via email.
- Update club webpage at mysl.org.
- Check and respond to emails received in the club Gmail account.
- Promote volunteering for your club.
- Recruit junior coaches from local high school teams.
- Develop a safe and efficient check-in and health and safety screening plan for your club.
Going Above and Beyond
- Working with facilities to improve grooming and/or snowmaking.
- Organizing fundraising to support your club discretionary fund or equipment fund.
- Organizing families to attend an MYSL event (MyXC Festival, MYSL Sprints, Skiwerx Race, Family ski at another trail, etc.)
- Organize a season end celebration for your club.
- Complete Volunteer Sign-Up and pass background check.
- Background knowledge of cross-country skiing is helpful, but not required.
- No skiing required.
- Access to a personal computer and internet.
- Ability to attend weekly club meetings.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- This can be a shared position.
- September - April, 2-3 hours a week.
- MyXC Abuse Prevention Training (online)
- MyXC Coach Training is encouraged
- HeadsUp Concussion Training (online)