You are here
MyXC Team Sprint Series
The Minnesota Youth Ski League and Birchwood Cafe invite you to Theodore Wirth Park for the Team Sprint Series. This is an opportunity for adults, juniors and youth skiers to be introduced to racing in a fun format of two-person relays (each skier skis multiple times). All ages and experience welcome. High school teams are also welcome, but must pre-register.
- All ages and abilities welcome. Including new and experienced adults!
- Registration begins at 5:30 pm and ends at 6:25pm.
- Registration in the Trailhead and races will start in Trail 18 Stadium
- MYSL sprint races start at 6:30 pm.
- A $5 donation is requested per youth/junior racer; kids 7 and under or have a Skiwerx membership are free.
- A $10 donation is requested per adult racer.
- All proceeds go towards MYSL! On-site registration only.
- Winners of random categories will receive a Birchwood Cafe pie.
- Formats are subject to change based on weather and snow conditions so stay tuned!
- Updates on the series can be found at; www.mysl.org or our Facebook page
2020 Dates & Formats:
- January 8 - 6 x 1k Skate
- January 15 - 6 x 1k CLASSIC;
- January 22 - 6 x 1k CLASSIC; Skiwerx Series Points
- January 29- No sprints at Wirth this week, but please attend the Loppet Sprints on Jan 30 (classic team sprints) and Feb 1 (individual freestyle sprints for Skiwerx points)
- February 5 - 6 x 1k Skate; Skiwerx Focus
- February 12 - 6 x 1k Skate; Parent/Child & Adult/Youth Championships
- February 26 - 6 x 1k Skiing with the Stars; skate, (juniors/adults matched with youth). Big night!
- We encourage adult teams to volunteer with registration, timing, course set up and tear down, or by racing with a kid.
- Please contact Amy; if your club would like to help on any given night. Individual volunteers also welcome!
ENTRY FORM and RESULTS: Attached below