We've been working hard for over a year to create a new website and integrated youth ski club registration system. We are almost there! We expect the new website to be live in 1-2 weeks. In the meantime, I'm linking to some pages on our existing website to give you more info.
We will start to roll out registration in phases (this is the same system we used last year). We will start around Oct 7th and move to a new phase about every 5 days. I will send out exact dates as we get closer. You do not need to do anything at this time except to consider this process. Please do not register as a volunteer until the new system is up!
Phase 1: for the children of Leadership Team members (Leaders, Directors, Equipment Managers, Outreach Coordinators)
- Most clubs need more Leadership Team Members. Email email@example.com if you are interested!
- Some clubs will not open registration until we fill these roles (Elm Creek Sunday, Glen Lake and Tamarack are our biggest needs).
- Volunteering at the Leadership Level is incredibly rewarding and makes a huge difference to your community.
- Leadership roles do NOT require skiing.
- Please review the Roles for more details and time commitments.
Phase 2 for the children of on-snow Volunteers (coaches, assistant coaches and Level 4-6 sweepers that can commit to a minimum of six club meetings)
- ALL clubs need more coaches and assistant coaches (except for Hyland Sundays, which will have a quota for coaches).
- No clubs will fill during this phase, but this is the surest way to get into the club of your choice and reserve club equipment rentals.
- We have an easy-to-use SkiSparks App and online/in-person trainings, to help anyone with skis become a confident youth ski coach. You can be a total beginner and be a very good SkiSparks coach!
- This is the biggest need in our clubs!
- Children of volunteers have a much better outcome in all of our surveyed markers. The most important one being more likely to become lifelong skiers!
Phase 3 open to the general public. Most clubs will run out of equipment before the roster is full. All clubs have capacities and we expect most clubs to fill quickly. Once a club is near to capacity we shut down registration and begin the Wait List Process.
- Some Mpls METRO clubs will fill in the first few hours. If you are not in the Minneapolis area, please wait a day or two before you register.
- Most clubs will run out of rentals within a few days.
- Please pay attention to future emails, so you know the opening day.
- We still expect most/all families to volunteer in some capacity! And please remember that Level 1 skiers need to have a parent/care-giver present on the snow (on skis or in boots).
- MOST importantly, please consider what it would take for your family to qualify for Phase 1 or 2. LOTS of adults that are new to MyXC will take on these roles in their first year.