You are here
Hoigaards-MYSL Team Sprint Series
No pole division tonight to equalize the field for adaptive skiers! The Minnesota Youth Ski League and Hoigaard's invite you to Theodore Wirth Park for the 2019 Team Sprint Series. This is an opportunity for adults and youth skiers to be introduced to racing in a fun format of two-person relays (just like Jessie). All ages and experience welcome.
- Registration begins at 5:30 pm and ends at 6:25pm.
- Registration in the Trailhead and races will start in Trail 18 Stadium
- MYSL sprint races start at 6:30 pm.
- A $5 donation is requested per youth/junior racer; kids 7 and under or have a Skiwerx membership are free.
- A $10 donation is requested per adult racer.
- All proceeds go towards MYSL! On-site registration only.
- Winners of random categories will receive a homemade pie.
- Formats are subject to change based on weather and snow conditions so stay tuned!
- Updates on the series can be found at; www.mysl.org or our Facebook page
2019 Dates & Formats:
- January 9 - 6 x 1k Skate
- January 16 - 6 x 1k CLASSIC; Skiwerx Focus, Masters Series
- January 23 - 6 x 1k Skate
- January 30- No sprints at Wirth this week, but please attend the Loppet Sprints in Mpls on Jan 31 (youth classic team sprints for Skiwerx points) and Feb 1 (individual freestyle sprints for CXC Youth Cup points)
- February 6 - 6 x 1k Skate; Skiwerx Focus, Masters Series
- February 13 - 6 x 1k Skate; Parent/Child & Adult/Youth Championships
- February 27 - 6 x 1k Skiing with the Stars; skate, (juniors/adults matched with youth). Big night! We need lots of adults!
- We encourage adult teams to volunteer with registration, timing, course set up and tear down, or by racing with a kid.
- Bake a Pie! We need volunteers to bake our weekly grand prizes!
- Please contact Amy; if your club would like to help on any given night. Individual volunteers also welcome!