You are here
COVID-19 SkiSparks Guidelines and Procedures
As we approach this coming winter, we are keeping some COVID-19 Policies in place. As always, we must follow the policies set forth by the counties and cities where we operate. We do not have additional policies for MYSL, but we have recommendations.
- Most SkiSparks clubs were capped at 60 skiers in 2021. For Winter 2022, most clubs will increase in capacity to 80-100.
- Most clubs will not have indoor group snacks. Outdoor group snacks can be arranged if allowed at the facility.
- Face coverings may be required at checkin and/or inside of buildings. Clubs will follow local guidelines.
- Level 1 skiers (4&5 year olds) must have a caregiver with them at all times. The caregiver can be on or off skis.
- All adults skiing with the group must be registered volunteers (including caregivers of level 1 skiers).
- All participants and volunteers will follow the Health and Safety Pledge.
- It is recommended that everyone of eligible age be vaccinated.
- If you are over 5 years of age and not vaccinated, a mask is recommended at all times while participating.
- Lessons will be available online on the MYSL SkiSparks YouTube Channel.
If you have a concern about these procedures or need to report non-compliance, please contact email@example.com
Health and Safety Pledge
- All MYSL participants and volunteers will closely monitor their health and all family members' health. If the MYSL participant or someone living in the same house as the participant is sick or showing symptoms of COVID-19 that you cannot attribute to another health condition you must stay home and cannot participate in in-person clubs.
- Symptoms are: cough, shortness of breath, fever, chills, fatigue, muscles or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, gastrointestinal symptoms (nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea).
- If the participant or volunteer has been exposed to COVID-19, call your health care provider and follow their guidance before attending in-person club.
- If the skier, volunteer or someone living in the same household tests positive for COVID-19, they will contact the club leader and SkiSparks Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org) within 24 hours of receiving a positive test. MYSL will contact the corresponding state health department of the club location and follow their guidance for a return to in-person club and notification to club members.
- Volunteers, skiers and caregivers may be required to wear face coverings during check-in and check-out.
- All level 1 participants must have a caregiver present and with them for the duration of club time. The caregiver is required to sign-up as a level 1 coach, assistant coach or sweeper. Skiing by the caregiver is not required.